Sunday, November 11, 2007

the view from my window


although it's not prominent in this photo, it's important you know what i discovered today upon returning home from work. i can see the capitol from my house! you'd think i would've noticed sooner but no, not until today when i was intrigued by the beautiful setting sun behind the excessive tree branches outside my upstairs living room window. she's there, the capitol that is, you just have to get really close to the screen and squint a bit.

lately i've been trying to find beauty in the most insignificant things. i'd say this is something i do quite often, as i like to think i have an appreciation for immaterial things in this world. my recognition of beautiful things, though, doesn't have much of an affect on anyone else but myself. but if what i say has any bearing at all, i challenge you to do the same. for me, it's refreshing and interesting to take note of things that you sincerely appreciate.

what do i find beauty in?
sunlight, trees (dead or alive), a new song, young families, old couples, literature, the crisp air, hearing amber's laugh, watching strangers do good deeds they don't have to, simplicity, marty from the mill, playing mario cart with people from 5 different countries, genericness.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

well, if "she" is there...then, so am i! woo hoo! (i'm waving at you from my work)