Saturday, February 27, 2010

i am human.

yesterday it felt good - i was so exhausted.  i felt EXTRA human.  i felt my body and every move that it made, even as i inhaled and i exhaled i felt my diaphragm and my lungs all bustling around.  i took note of my brain feeling so full and occupied and then FWOOOOSH! 

nothing. 

i can't recall the moment exactly, but when it happened, i bet my brain did a 360 and then collapsed down into itself.  that's when i could no longer continue normal conversation or consideration of any sort of brain stimulation.  that's when i had to sit down and have a BEER.  a 'congratulations me' for all that hard work and none o' that sleeping.

as i stripped the pounds of no longer laundered and sticky clothes off of my body, i felt lighter and cleaner and more happy, as i anticipated the sleep that would soon come.  i lifted my feet onto the same mattress that was supporting my upper body and my hips, and i felt just the right amount of distance from the ground and a little disconnected from the world; my feet were no longer pounding their way into the cement and the ice or the perfectly tiled floors of the kitchen.

my body was begging me for rest and that's what i gave it.  after a short, deep sleep, i was to do it all again.  i did not drag and i did not complain, i hardly even thought.  to be busy, is almost like being free and that is all i felt.  to push my body to the limit and force it to sleep feels so much better than to take advantage of it and sleep the days away. 

this is all just so much easier when the sun is shining and the heat is melting me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

like it, girl. :)

Lauren said...

i also like it. :|