Monday, March 29, 2010

i met and transported into my 4, maybe 5-year-old self and brain in my dreams last night.  i was old and i was young.  it felt like i had 2 bodies but 1 mind, each functioning a little differently depending on what body my mind was spending time in.

i stood across the room from me and watched as i pranced around my dad's seemingly ginormous dress shoes (from baby's point of view they were, anyway).

before i knew it, preemie me disappeared.

as if it was the most normal thing in the world, my parents asked where i might've run off to.  right when i needed my 5-year-old brain to function simultaneously with the other, it couldn't.  i was gone, lost.  IIII couldn't find MYSELF!  my parents were devastated.

i'm taking it as a sign.  revival of youth.  for as soon as the world seems familiar, i'm gone.  we've got to remember to let EVERYTHING in the world amaze us, or we'll be lost.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

great post. so true.

and that picture? gah. killed me dead.